• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Keratinocytes Chemotaxis Assay

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NazGoole

NazGoole

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

After some testing (and failing), I am soon doing some "serious" chemotaxis assay with keratinocytes. I will be using uncoated 8 micron FluoroBlok filters and staining the cells with calcein. The upper chamber will be filled with unsupplemented serum-free kera growth medium (with 1% BSA), and the bottom well with adipose tissue conditioned medium.
One problem I have is that I dont know "which" keratinocytes to use best. As keratinocytes are present in different stadiums of differentiation. Should I use "early" highly proliferative ones? Or rather older broader and more differentiated ones? How long do you think I should incubate the system? My supervisor estimated to wait around 2-5 hours until measuring. Whereas some papers reported that migration started only after around 24 hours....
The upper chamber will be filled with unsupplemented serum-free kera growth medium (with 1% BSA), and the bottom well with adipose tissue conditioned medium.

Thanks a lot!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.