• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

hydrogel and growth factor release characterization

hydrogel growth factor drug delivery

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SpineLab

SpineLab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Throwing this out to the community for some feedcak and advice. I am trying to develope a hydrogel based drug delivery system and am very new to the field. WHat would be a standard set of characterizations that i would have to complete/perform in order to properly validate the technology form the standpoint of physical and chemical characterizations. I know how to the the inivtrio and animal stuff just not sure all the steps to propoerly characterize in silico. The basis of delivery would be from nanoparticles loaded within a biodegradable polymer and mixed into a hydrogel for intraoperative injection. so in my mind i thought:

characterize NP themselves: SEM, TEM

characterize NP loaded within degradable polymer: SEM, confocal with Flourescent loaded NP

characterize release of growth factor from NP and polymer using eliza and spec

characterize growth factor release from NP-polymer within hydrogel using FITC-BSA (confocal) and then the growth factor (embedd hydrogel, section and then stain for GF) this step would be to assess the homogeniety of GF release distribution, and when done over time the saturation of the gel over time and as way to measure release.

Does this sound like a reasonable plan? My PI keeps pushing for high end imaging modalities like intravital microscopy but i can not see one way to actually use that here. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydrogel, growth factor, drug delivery

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.