• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Anti-Guinea Pig IFN-g and TNF-a - Antibody Suggestions?!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ctingey

ctingey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble finding flow antibodies to look at IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha in guinea pig samples. So far I've found that Novus has an ab for TNF-alpha with cross-reactivity in guinea pigs, but that's pretty much it. I was wondering if anyone had prior experience or suggestions. I'm not picky about the fluorophore these antibodies are conjugated to.

Thanks!

-Colleen

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,242 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

They are distantly related to rats and mice, so I would try antibodies against those species.  The major problem is that guinea pigs aren't all that common as a lab animal for these sorts of studies (more used for physiology/anatomy and sociology), so finding antibodies that have been tested will be difficult.

#3 MeiYee

MeiYee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

Hi Colleen,

Yes, it's difficult to find an AB that has been tested for flow cytometry.

We offer a free trial size antibody for evaluation if you are interested in testing one of our TNF-alpha antibodies in FC.

Please visit St John's Laboratory website  http://www.stjohnsla...Partners-Scheme

We only have 1 IFN gamma antibody, but a lot more TNF alpha. If you are outside the UK, we will need to charge shipping

Hope this helps

Mei 

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.