• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

need guidance to find new job - dunno what to do

job science

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Goggi

Goggi

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Oh, I see.

May I ask you to delete my other postings in this thread ? You can also purge my account.

I'm not very keen  on continuing any discussion further on this forum. I do not expect to get any meaningful advice here.

it took a whole discussion of moderators to delete a piece of my postings. Wow ! Did anybody actualy considered 60-hour working week to be inappropriate ? Or this is normal practice ? 

You "editing" says to me much more that you think.  From my side, I also find your "editing" inflammatory and unwarranted. Nobody cares about my actual troubles and suffering, but a comparison of postdoc to prison led to moderator discussion? 

I do not want to neither to discuss anything on this forum, nor participate in it by any other means. Therefore I ask moderators to delete all my postings, as well as my account on this forum.

It is your forum, not my. I do not wish to support it by my presence or my postings.

Thank you.

Edited by Goggi, 31 March 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#17 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

Rage quitting won't help you at all... a waste of your time and ours, so no, we won't delete your accounts/postings.  I wasn't involved in the discussion and I didn't see what you posted so I can't judge for myself.

It is obvious from your posts that you are dissatisfied in general with science, so my advice is to do something else - find something that makes you happy and do that.  Training as a scientist and with a PhD opens more doors that you might think - it shows that you can work hard at something, and have the intelligence to carry it through - just because it isn't science doesn't mean that your PhD is wasted!

Regarding wages/post-docs - pay depends on where you are in the US/Canada and the job you are doing.  Post-docs are almost never permanent as they are still considered training, so it is expected that you will move on and expand your knowledge/skills/networks during your post-docs.  60 hour weeks are not unusual for these sorts of jobs either - if you want to get ahead you need to compete and this is the driver for these things.  Medical doctors in training do similar things during their residencies as well.  I do about a 60 hour week myself as a PhD student.  Most senior academics will be working similar hours too!

#18 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

Oh, I see.

May I ask you to delete my other postings in this thread ? You can also purge my account.

I'm not very keen  on continuing any discussion further on this forum. I do not expect to get any meaningful advice here.

it took a whole discussion of moderators to delete a piece of my postings. Wow ! Did anybody actualy considered 60-hour working week to be inappropriate ? Or this is normal practice ? 

You "editing" says to me much more that you think.  From my side, I also find your "editing" inflammatory and unwarranted. Nobody cares about my actual troubles and suffering, but a comparison of postdoc to prison led to moderator discussion? 

I do not want to neither to discuss anything on this forum, nor participate in it by any other means. Therefore I ask moderators to delete all my postings, as well as my account on this forum.

It is your forum, not my. I do not wish to support it by my presence or my postings.

Thank you.

60 hours a week, yes, I think it should not happen...

But compare it the way you did it... (it was not even "prison")

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.