• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Tiny black dots inside cell vacuoles

cell culture

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gnome88

gnome88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

I am growing vero cells, and I noticed a cell that has two very large vacuoles.  I can see a bunch of tiny black dots rapidly moving around inside these vacuoles.  I have observed this for the past two days. No other cell in the flask has this.  I have no idea what it is. I don't have the ability to take a video of it, but I took a bunch of pictures and put it together in a time lapse video, magnification is 400x (40x objective, 10x ocular).Attached File  cells.wmv   744.83KB   69 downloads  The vacuoles don't concern me, but I have no idea what is swimming around inside of them. Thoughts?

Edited by gnome88, 28 February 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#2 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

normally vero cells do not have vacuoles, unless you used too much fbs.  I'm not sure what those dots are, maybe not bacteria, because that could be just Brownian motion (google that) of some debris. Also, your cells are very confluent. you must not have them at that confluency or you might get more strange behaviour.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.