• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Transformed Agro colonies growing very slowly

molecular Biologe Microbiology Genetics Biochemistry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 awan

awan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

Dear Experts

I Transformed Gateway plasmid pMDC83 with my 1.5 kb insert to Agrobacterium competent cells, GV3101. The agro colonies are growing after 7-8 days on LB agar plates containing kanamycin 50 microgram/mL and Rifampicin 25 microgram/mL. I have repeated the transformation 4 times. The colony PCR shows the presence of insert. should I proceed for the plant transformation?

#2 glez

glez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

You need to tell us the temperature you are using in order for us to see if that is slow. Can I assume you are growing them at around 28C or 30C? If so, then 7-8 days is slow. Maybe your gene is slightly toxic. You might also have E.coli contamination. Rifampicin is light sensitive and degrades over time. Can you restreak the single colonies onto a new plate? If the restreaked cells grow within 1-2 days, then the colony was probably fine. I'd try plant transformations with that.

Edited by glez, 04 June 2014 - 08:32 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: molecular Biologe, Microbiology, Genetics, Biochemistry

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.