• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

M9 Media Broth turning green

M9 Media Green Colour New Isolates Tugsten utilizing bacter

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

here is the paper: http://www.jeb.co.in...13/paper_03.pdf

(its free)

Arsenic accumulating bacteria isolated from soil for possible application in bioremediation.

Sir, if you could provide me with this paper too, then it would be great! biggrin.png

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#17 p.phadtare

p.phadtare

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for the paper!!

#18 Phil Geis

Phil Geis

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Good

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

Can you help me understand the peroxidase, proline and phenol analyses?  What purpose do these serve?

Assume you'll use soil - both inoculated and uninoculated.  I understand the temperature but wonder if the pH (e.g.) of your experiment is relevant to the mine environment.

If tungsten in the mine is present as the largely insoluble scheelite (or insoluble wolframite), what application do you see for the precipitation of tungsten from the soluble sodium salt solution?  Are you addressing some stage of tungsten processing?

Not sure why you'd deny the bugs a carbon source in the M9 medium.  Suggest you take supernatant samples at, and various times after, exposure. Run the control on centrifugation - cfu/ml, protein in medium, etc. 

#19 p.phadtare

p.phadtare

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

@Phil Geis. Sir, I am doing the peroxidase assay to check the stress levels in the plants grown in soil with a high level of tungsten. The peroxidase activity is known as an indicator of heavy metal toxicity in plants. Hence I'd like to compare the peroxidase levels in a negative control with test (with my bacteria) to draw conclusions about bioremediation.

Higher conc of tungsten in the soil results in higher proline contents, hence i'd like to use proline levels as an indicator as well. Similarly for total phenol, it is known to follow the same trend. 

Sir, I am providing the bugs a carbon source in the M9 medium in the form of sodium acetate. I intend to take the supernatant samples at 24 and 48 hours of exposure. Sir, I didn't get the last thing that you said, about running the control on centrifugation -cfu/ml, prt... I will centrifuge my samples at about 8000 rpm for separation of the biomass with the supernantant. 

Thank you for interest in my queries! :)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.