• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Can't cope with NCBI Primer BLAST

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Maharisha

Maharisha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

Hi everyone!

I've been fighting with Primer Blast for a couple of days already. I'm trying to get primers for RT-PCR for 2 genes. Because of the mRNA template, I'm choosing the option "exon-exon junction spanning" BUT the Primer Blast cannot see any exons in some RefSeq templates although they ARE listed in the reference sequence.

Interestingly:

the Claudin 7 gene has 3 transcript variants.

- I enter accession number of the transcript variant 2  ->  here they are, primers specific for all 3 transcript variants, beautifully spanning exon-exon junctions in all 3 transcript variants!

- I enter accession number of the transcript variant 1 or 3  -> "Exon/exon junction cannot be found for submitted PCR template"!

The second gene has only 1 transcript variant and it does not search for primers because also "Exon/exon junction cannot be found for submitted PCR template". Although exons ARE there, I tell you!

I tried other online tools, sometimes they may help but I would really like to have the same algorythm for all genes I need (I'll need primers for more genes in near future)!

I feel solution is somewhere near only I don't see it... perhaps I should just check some option or something like that.

Thanks to anyone who could help me!

UPDATED: I've just repeated the SAME search and it worked! Now I don't understand it at all! Perhaps the tool does not work when it's overloaded with queries? Or it just is frightened by the fact I wrote a complaint here on the forum?))

Edited by Maharisha, 10 January 2014 - 09:14 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.