• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Adipose Conditioned Medium and Storage of Adipose Tissue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NazGoole

NazGoole

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hey everyone,

I have to do some assays with ACM and Keratinocytes and Adipose Tissue and Keratinocytes in 6-Well plates. As the fat tissue comes directly from the operation room, and I do not always know in advance when such a surgery is scheduled, I can't time my keratinocyte seeding so that i can make immediate use of the fat. For my keratinocyte culture I use Serum Free Keratinocyte Medium. Should I use it for the ACM preparation too or should I rather take DMEM or something else? Because I think DMEM, etc contains too much calcium.
I have read that I can store the ACM at -80C for nearly as long as I want to, but what about the thawing? Can I just defreeze it at room temperature, or is there a trick?

Another question is, how can I store the adipose tissue itself over longer periods? (A few days, until I have enough keratinocytes to be seeded, resp. until the ones I have seeded are attached)
We usually store it in a refrigerator (4°C I think) but my supervisor says that it should be used within 24 hours at longest.
As I sometimes have to wait longer then 24 hours before I am ready to use it, I was wondering if I could just put the adipose tissue into a medium and leave it in the incubator. I already kept fat tissue in keratinocyte medium for about one week (together with keratinocytes for the assay), and it looked quite healthy afterwards, but I just don't know if this alters any properties of it (reduces its metabolism, reduced release of cytokines, adipokines, growth factors, etc.).

Thank you all, Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
NazGoole

Edited by NazGoole, 20 December 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.