• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

I am asking about review articles

Review article

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mohamed 1984

Mohamed 1984

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Dear All,

Since I finished writting a review, My supervisor asked me to calculate the number oif article retrieved, num of article included and number of article excluded.

I do not know how can I get these number ?

I need the help from any review writting experience.

Thanks

#2 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

I am not sure what you mean.

Maybe your supervisor means how many articles you used to write the review?

How many you included as a reference (in the review) and how many you did read but not included in the review (the excluded ones).

Dear All,

Since I finished writting a review, My supervisor asked me to calculate the number oif article retrieved, num of article included and number of article excluded.

I do not know how can I get these number ?

I need the help from any review writting experience.

Thanks

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#3 Mohamed 1984

Mohamed 1984

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

This is exactly what he meant, how can I know this ? I did not remember now, how many article I have searched 

Edited by Mohamed 1984, 07 December 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#4 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,826 posts
Excellent

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

Surely to read those papers you had to download them?  If so - go and count them....

#5 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

You know the number of papers you included.

The ones you excluded: well, dont you have a map with all the papers you downloaded?

Even if its not 100% correct, you should be able to make an estimation?

This is exactly what he meant, how can I know this ? I did not remember now, how many article I have searched 

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#6 Mohamed 1984

Mohamed 1984

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

to be honest, not all of them because I was using endnote and I read some times only the abstract. I think there is a way where u go to write the items in pubmed and sciencedirect and so on and to see how many but this is too much ???????? 

#7 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

I dont use endnote. Perhaps there is indeed a way to figure it out/trace back how many papers you opened. However I cant help you with that.

Anyway: why does your boss need to know the papers you did read but not used? Never heard something like this.

to be honest, not all of them because I was using endnote and I read some times only the abstract. I think there is a way where u go to write the items in pubmed and sciencedirect and so on and to see how many but this is too much ???????? 

#8 Mohamed 1984

Mohamed 1984

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

I tell you , because it is worth to mention this at the beginning of ur review and he think that this might give the review more value 

#9 Mohamed 1984

Mohamed 1984

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

are u still thinking with me . I thought that I can put the keywords of the review in the search box of all Database I used , then to see the number of article that came up. Then I will gather all articles from these databases and consider it as no of article retrieved ( have been read or explored)

what do u think

#10 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

I dont know, I dont use endnote.
And I find it strange that you mention they would wonder about how many articles you really used... All that maters are the one that are mentioned (cited) in your paper...

And yes, maybe what you state might be an idea to figure it out.

are u still thinking with me . I thought that I can put the keywords of the review in the search box of all Database I used , then to see the number of article that came up. Then I will gather all articles from these databases and consider it as no of article retrieved ( have been read or explored)

what do u think

#11 Mohamed 1984

Mohamed 1984

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thanks a lot 

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.