• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Real time. No amplification but hight flourescence

real time qPCR

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anap

Anap

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hi,

I'm performing real time PCR and in the last 3 trys I have this problem.

The flourescence curve start to elevate at cycle 5 for ALL the samples (some of them were differents dilutions). I rich hight levels of fluorecesce, I did not see any product in an agarose gel, and the melting curve is a constant (not change of the fluorescence whit temperature).

I can't undertand why I have flourescence whihout a product. Is not a problem of primer dimer cause some of them had been used previously. Is not also the kit, because I check whit three differents brands. I also use two different primer concentration.

Please help me! I need those results!

#2 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

So you have a SYBR Green assay? 

What is "high levels"? Can you compare the numbers on the raw data graph with some of the previously run samples, the baseline fluorescense and the final one? (not the graph itself, as graphs could be changing y-axis resolution depending on the maximum fluorescence in run).

Your non template control also has a fluorescence? 

How much template do you have in your reaction?

Can you post an image of the melting curve?  (And the raw data graph, while at it).

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.