• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Reduction in cell proliferation - but not via cell cycle arrest or apoptosis?

cell cycle cell proliferation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Elioelio

Elioelio

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm seeing a decrease in cell proliferation of DLD1 cells after treatment (using WST cell proliferation assay and cell counting). However, this does not occur via apoptosis (Annexin V flow cyctometry analysis and morphology), and I see no difference in the cell cycle between control and treated cells (Flow cytometry, PI). % of cells in G1, S and G2 phases remain unchanged.

I assumed that if cells did not undergo apoptosis, that it must be cell cycle arrest that reduces proliferation. If this is not the case - then what else could be happening?

I'll note here that using RTPCR there are slight gene expresison changes in genes related to cell proliferation, but not very pronounced. The gene that is significantly decreased is ICAM1 (involved in cell adhesion). However, flow cytometry analysis shows that there are the same amount of detached cells and debris in treated cells as with control cells.

Could cell detachment from eachother - but not detachment from the culture plate - cause a decrease in proliferation?

Any ideas would be really helpful!

Thanks

Edited by Elioelio, 10 October 2013 - 05:58 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.