• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

RNA extraction for RT-PCR

help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sadaru

sadaru

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Dear all

I have done the RNA extraction from the cultured RAW 264.7 cells. And I used the Takara kit for the RNA extraction but at the final step I couldn't find the white pellet of RNA.ohmy.png

Last time i used kidney tissues and I extracted expected amount of RNA. So I can be assure about my procedure, even though there must be something wrong for not getting RNA. I am wondering that, what could be the mistake. Please any body have an idea? 

Thank you very much in advance

#2 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

RNA pellet is usually transparent. i have extracted many RNA that didn't give me visible pellet but still managed to get PCR product

#3 PhalanxBio

PhalanxBio

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Curtis is exactly right - sometimes the RNA pellet is invisible.  If the RNA is high purity with no contamination from salts and protein, then it will be clear.

#4 sadaru

sadaru

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

OMG!. Thank you very much for the answers. Unfortunately I threw away the samples.sad.png . I prepared the RNA for tissues and finally I could see the pellets. So I thought I made some mistakes. Anyway I am about to prepare them again. Thank you very much. Otherwise I may think I failed for the 2nd time too.smile.png

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.