• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Root cultures

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GIFU

GIFU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hello I am new in this forum and in plant biology in general. Recently I am trying to establish axenic root cultures from Lotus japonicus hairy roots (A. rhizogenes mediated transformation).

I have 2 questions:

1) After cefotaxime step in A. rhizogenes mediated transformation I am keeping my explants in 1/2xB5 medium (containing vitamins, sucrose..) without antibiotic until hairy roots are ~ 1 cm. Then I can cut roots in order to initiate the root culture. But I am getting large amounts of A. rhizogenes contamination, probably because the explants do not fully come in contact with the medium which contains antibiotic. Recently I have tried to grow explants o/n in liquid B5 medium containing antibiotic. I do not know yet if that works. Any ideas?

2) After I cut-off the hairy roots and place them in fresh B5 medium in order to start root cultures, do I place petri dishes in the dark vertically or horizontally?

Thank you in advance!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.