• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

question and a help

regd chang liver cell

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 karthck

karthck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hi 

I am working on CHANG LIVER CELL line and i got cells from NCCS, once when i chang to my medium in lab the cell morphology have changed a lot like cancer cells with more extensions. but cells were growing. What is the problem..how to rectify that

Regd cells..

Do anyone have CHANG liver cell line now. if so pls let me know i urgently need.

Regds

Karthick

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hmm, can you explain what you did exactly.  It sounds like you were trying to transfer them from one medium to another?  If so, you need to do this gradually (weaning) and assess the cells for morphological and growth changes (as well as assess any genes/proteins you are interested in) to ensure that the cells haven't changed too far from the parent line.

To wean cells, start off in the original medium, at the next passage, add 10% of the new medium (i.e. 90% old medium, 10% new), then at the following passage make this 75 old:25 new, then 50:50, 25:75, 10:90 and finally 100% new.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.