• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

BioForum program upgraded to include new features

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,548 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

How does the "best answer" thing work?

I dont see anything in the upper right corner to click on to make it the best answer.

Am I missing something here or...?

you need to be moderator or topic starter...anyway I find it a bit surprising that you can mark your own answer as best wink.png

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

#17 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

How does the "best answer" thing work?

I dont see anything in the upper right corner to click on to make it the best answer.

Am I missing something here or...?

you need to be moderator or topic starter...anyway I find it a bit surprising that you can mark your own answer as best wink.png

Ah ok!

But thats why I asked: I saw some posts in which the topic starter (at least I think) made his own post as the "best answer" while it was not even an answer or anything....

(I doubt a moderator would make a post that has no answer in it would make it the best answer post:p)

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#18 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Yes, hobglobin is right, only topic starters and moderators can mark a post as the best answer.  I agree that topic starter should not be able to mark his own post in the thread as best answer. This may need some tweaking in the back end.

#19 Tabaluga

Tabaluga

Making glass out of shards

• Active Members
  • 404 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

While we're discussing about changing things.... when I look at a topic on BF Mobile, I can't find a possibility to follow it. I always have to switch to desktop version then and do it there.

Have I missed it or could you implement it ?

Il dort. Quoique le sort fût pour lui bien étrange,
Il vivait. Il mourut quand il n'eut plus son ange;
La chose simplement d'elle-même arriva,
Comme la nuit se fait lorsque le jour s'en va.

#20 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • 2,811 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

i am no longer receiving notifications. i checked my control panel and the notification options had not been changed (i have since made a small change).

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#21 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

i am no longer receiving notifications. i checked my control panel and the notification options had not been changed (i have since made a small change).

The message system seems to work just fine these days. I just received a message today notifying me of responses made to this topic. Make sure the emails did not get into your spam box. 

While we're discussing about changing things.... when I look at a topic on BF Mobile, I can't find a possibility to follow it. I always have to switch to desktop version then and do it there.

Have I missed it or could you implement it ?

Please be aware that not all features are available on mobile skin. This upgrade has already added some new functions into the mobile skin such as moderating tasks. Could you let me know what specific is missing?

#22 Tabaluga

Tabaluga

Making glass out of shards

• Active Members
  • 404 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Please be aware that not all features are available on mobile skin. This upgrade has already added some new functions into the mobile skin such as moderating tasks. Could you let me know what specific is missing?

It would be great to have a "Follow this topic" button on the BF Mobile skin when you're looking at a thread. Like the "Follow this topic" button in the upper right corner of this page for example. It exists apparently only in the Compact and Classic Skin.

Il dort. Quoique le sort fût pour lui bien étrange,
Il vivait. Il mourut quand il n'eut plus son ange;
La chose simplement d'elle-même arriva,
Comme la nuit se fait lorsque le jour s'en va.

#23 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,831 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

I notice that when not logged in, the "submit papers to J. Biol. Meth." link at the top of the main page is covered by the videos header box. 

#24 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

I notice that when not logged in, the "submit papers to J. Biol. Meth." link at the top of the main page is covered by the videos header box. 

Thank you for spotting this. It's been fixed now.

#25 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • 2,811 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

The message system seems to work just fine these days. I just received a message today notifying me of responses made to this topic. Make sure the emails did not get into your spam box. 

i was receiving notifications after the change was made but have not recently (and i still am not receiving them, including from this thread). i can survive without them because i check almost every day, but it's nice to get a heads up.

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#26 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,548 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

and again for 12-09-13: some logos such as the read/unread icon on the left of the thread titles or the bioforum logo itself are gone...huh.png

and I can see a grey row with the text °Array" at the top of the start page. Is this wanted?

and all seems slower somehow and needs much more enabled java-scipt. Don't like this.

Edited by hobglobin, 12 October 2013 - 06:35 AM.

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.