• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

this is actually my bioinfo homework

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 susnata

susnata

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

i am supposed to go through the GOLD database and answer these questions.

i would be very glad if someone can get some of the answers for me..

15]1.3.1. How many completed prokaryotic genomes are sequenced and available till date? (Hint: use GOLD http://www.genomesonline.org/

15]1.3.2. Name the species for which large number of genomes are completely sequenced

15]1.3.3. List the largest and smallest genome as listed in GOLD database

15]1.3.4. Find the open access journal that can be accessed to catalog and maintain the data from completed genome projects in an orderly and standardized manner

15]1.3.5. Search for complete bacterial genome sequencing projects using Genome Project option of Entrez for Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Streptococcus pyogens,Staphylococci aureus and Salmonella typhimurium

Edited by susnata, 26 July 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#2 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

you should not expect the members here to do your homework for you, otherwise you might be seen as lazy Posted Image And some database retrievals shouldn't be that complicated and time-consuming...

Edited by hobglobin, 26 July 2013 - 10:29 AM.

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.