Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:29 PM
After the PCR, mutant band was observed in normal sample. any suggestion to improve the specificity of primers?
PCR Master mix-final volume 20ul
5x Bioline MyTaq Buffer 4ul
primer final conc. 0.2uM
Annealing temperature at 65C
below is the primer sequence.
HbS-Wildtype 5'- AAC AGA CAC CAT GGT GCA TCT GAC TCC TGA -3'
HbS-Mutant 5'- CCC CAC AGG GCA GTA ACG GCA GAC TTC TCC A -3'
A primer 5'- CCC CTT CCT ATG ACA TGA ACT TAA -3'
B primer 5'- ACC TCA CCC TGT GGA GCC AC -3'
A-out primer 5'- GAG ACT TCC ACA CTG ATG CAA TC-3'
B-out primer 5'- GAA GTC CAA CTC CTA AGC CAG T-3'
Below is the reference I used.
1st PCR was run using HbS-Wildtype,HbS-Mutant, A-out and B-out primer.
2nd PCR was run using HbS-Wildtype,HbS-Mutant, A and B-primer.
I also tried touchdown pcr, which is Ta-70C for first cycle then minus 0.5C for 10cycles, final Ta-65C for 20 cycles. The mutant band still can be observed after the PCR.
Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:21 AM
Edited by hobglobin, 27 June 2013 - 07:26 AM.
A single lie is reproachable; a million lies is a statistic.
D. J. T.