• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

How to stop stomach cancer patient from hiccuping

cancer hiccup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Faine

Faine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hi, everybody. I am a Chinese. My father was suffering from cancer this year in March. He has done chemotherapy for 3 times. For the reason that he is in a bad way, Doctors gave him the most intensive solution of the chemotherapy. He now can't endure the therapy any more. The third time of chemotherapy has been done for 15 days. He still can't eat anything. And hiccuping all day long. Doctors said there is no way to solve this problem. Is there any one can tell me what can i do to handle this.

#2 Tabaluga

Tabaluga

Making glass out of shards

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

I doubt anybody here on the forum can give you useful advice from afar without knowing the medical details of your fathers case and having examined him. Under certain circumstances there might be medication options for hiccups in oncological patients but you need to consider that maybe there are reasons why in this particular case the hiccup cannot be treated with this medication if his treating doctors said so. I would advise to go for a second opinion from doctor/hospital instead of looking for advice online.

Edited by Tabaluga, 21 June 2013 - 06:02 AM.

Il dort. Quoique le sort fût pour lui bien étrange,
Il vivait. Il mourut quand il n'eut plus son ange;
La chose simplement d'elle-même arriva,
Comme la nuit se fait lorsque le jour s'en va.

#3 doxorubicin

doxorubicin

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Good

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

For standard hiccups, this technique works well: http://www.cognitial.com/hiccups.shtml

If you want to make your father laugh, propose this cure to him: http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/2299306

#4 Faine

Faine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thank you for your feedback. Because we have changed my father to another hospital already, and there was no turn on his case. This hospital is the best one in our city. I don't know what to do now. Doctors said that they can just give him the cure, but still don't know why this happen. Another patient told me maybe i can put it on the website,and to try if there is any other one know or been through the same situation.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.