• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

High fidelity PCR trouble shooting

high fidelity pcr

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uday

uday

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

I want to amplify a 1.8kb gene using error prone PCR for subsequent cloning purpose. My primers works well with normal tag polymerase (Fermentas Dreamtaq Green PCR master mix) and gave me the desired product. However, when I use the same primers and template with high fidelity tag polymerase (Platinum Tag DNA polymerase high fidelity - Invitrogen), I can't get any amplified DNA. What was the wrong? what would need to be changed? I am bit confused :(

#2 Curlis

Curlis

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

I want to amplify a 1.8kb gene using error prone PCR for subsequent cloning purpose. My primers works well with normal tag polymerase (Fermentas Dreamtaq Green PCR master mix) and gave me the desired product. However, when I use the same primers and template with high fidelity tag polymerase (Platinum Tag DNA polymerase high fidelity - Invitrogen), I can't get any amplified DNA. What was the wrong? what would need to be changed? I am bit confused Posted Image

Hi Uday,

Because of high fidelity, might be this enzyme is slow. You can try to use mix of Taq and this high fidelity enzyme. Mix them in different ratio (1:1, 2:1). I hope this will work.

#3 uday

uday

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

But will I be able to achieve my main aim, i.e., PCR product with minimum errors with the mixture of enzyme?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.