• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

oxigen release in anaerobiosis

anaerobiosis

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 protolder

protolder

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Dear friends:

After some months of inactivity I moved from protein expression and purification in Oncology to protein expression at high scale in fermenters in the area of nitrogen fixation. This is my first contribution asking for some aid.
Some of the strains , which I use are grown in aerobic conditions until ammonia depletion and the induction of the nitrogen fixation complex take place. In some strains this induction is better in anaerobiosis, so after grow in normal aireation conditions, the sole gas introduced in the fermenter is nitrogen. At the beginning of anaerobiosis the dissolved oxigen drops to zero but few minutes after it¨s observed that dissolved oxigen starts to increase to 10% as maximun depending of conditions. After the maximun it could be mantained or decrease in some cases. At the begining, I thougth that the probe was bad calibrated, but I check good calibration in some of posterior processes and this release continues. Moreover, after harvesting I fill the fermenter with water and passing nitrogen, the dissolved oxigen is zero. I have search in publications about this phenomenon and few information in this field has been published. If it´s difficult find well described fermentation procedures, in anaerobiosis it seems impossible. Does anybody have any explanation for this process?

In any case, thanks for your time. Cheers

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.