• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Gene substitution in Arabidopsis (or sth)

mutagenesis plant substitution

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Belzebud

Belzebud

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hi,
i'm working on a plant protein. The aim is to induce a point mutation to block the binding of one of many ligands which bind to the protein in question.

I can then perform experiments done on the native protein (which are well established) during its characterization. This will should show that this specific ligand is important for one of the roles of the protein complex.

That's the general aim of my work and will be great if the theory turns out to be true.

But if so, I would like to show this in vivo by comapring a wild type plant with on with this mutation.

Any ideas or tips where to find some info for rational plant genome modification? Is it at all possible, I'm not really fond of the idea of screening thousands of random mutants from irradiation or ems (will run out of time and funding probably by the time I finish.) The gene is nuclear encoded and might have a couple of copies (or maybe not, I don't remember right now. This was kind of a spontaneous idea ;))

Thanks for any help

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.