• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Do cell signaling antibodies work with 1h RT incubation?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Iceage

Iceage

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

I am doing a western for cleaved caspase 3, and I always do a overnight 4oC incubation with cell signaling primary abs. Does anybody know if I can get same results with 1 or 2h at room temp? I need to finish seriesof expts within a week, and each depends on the previous expt, so would like to save time. Thanks for your help!

#2 GNANA

GNANA

GNANA

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

i didnt tried cleaved caspase3, but i am sure most antibodies frm cell signalling works fine in RT for 3hrs incubation, i usually decide based on the the signal intensity, for instance, ERK total ll give strong signal on overnight incub, so i use to put them at RT for 1hr.
I would prefer being perfectionist rather than a passionist in Research.

I always had an alternate hypothesis....

#3 PhDinAcronyms

PhDinAcronyms

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

It will depend on how much of your protein is in the sample and the antibody but the short answer is yes it can work. I've probed for lots of different proteins (including some other cell signaling one) using 1 hr incubation with the primary and 1 hour with the secondary at room temp. It usually works, otherwise overnight can give a stronger signal.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.