• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Trouble validating in multiple cell types

H3 H3K27me3 H3K4me3 RPL30 GapDH

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nleboarder

nleboarder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I have a frustrating problem. I am using 2 cell types, fibroblasts and a B cell tumor cell line. I am doing ChIP for H3, H3K27me3 and H3K4me3. The validation works perfectly in all of my fibroblast samples, but completely fails in all of my B cell samples! For validiation for H3 I am using RPL30, for H3K27me3, MyoD1, and for H3K4me3, Hoxc11. Why does it work great for fibroblasts and not B cells?

Also, I have read that GapDH is considered a positive control for H3K4me3. I used it as my negative for enrichment and it works really nicely. In fact, when I am using my fibroblast cells, if I compare enrichment between GapDH and Hoxc11, I get on average around a 200 fold difference! (but essentially NO difference in B cells....errrrr)

Anyone out there have an issue validating in multiple cell lines?

#2 jerryshelly1

jerryshelly1

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Are the cell types you are using from the same species? Maybe your primers are for human and your b cells are mouse. What about of your Antibodies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: H3, H3K27me3, H3K4me3, RPL30, GapDH

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.