• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Design primer from incomplete sequence...

primer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Saiful Shakirin

Saiful Shakirin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hi guys....Posted Image

Im new here and i really really really need your help... My research is about to complete the incomplete sequence of phenylalanine ammonia lyase gene from a plant.....i already have the incomplete sequence of the gene..my supervisor asked me to design primer from the sequence..my project involve RACE, RTPCR and genome walking...I really dont know how to design primer from incomplete sequence of gene...i hope you guys can help me... Posted Image

#2 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

you can use a primer design tool to design a primer from the known portion of the sequence.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#3 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

Do you know what RACE and genome walking is and what is the principle behind, how to do it? You can look it up and then ask about specific details. There are surely kits for RACE, at least.

In these days, if your plant isn't especially exotic, you can help yourself by aligning the incomplete sequence you have to the know sequenc of this gene in similar plant. You may even find the sequences are very identical, design primers based on the similar plant (or several of them) and bang!.. try PCR with loose conditions to get a product for sequencing.
You can use BLAST to find these similar sequences.

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.