• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

How about a new Journal on biological methods and protocols

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hello BioForumers,

POL (BioForum) is going to launch a new scientific journal on biology methods and protocols. Over the years, POL has been receiving protocol submissions from researchers. We feel it is time for us to have a formal journal. How do you like this idea and will you be willing to help - for instance, contribute manuscripts, serve as a reviewer or editor?

Any thought will be appreciated.

Cheers!

bioforum

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,830 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Awesome. Good luck with the new journal. I'm willing to act as a reviewer, but it depends on what qualifications you need for that - still working on the PhD...

#3 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,546 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Only online or also printed? Anyway both needs a lot of effort and some money input I guess...

Edited by hobglobin, 28 February 2013 - 09:47 AM.

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

#4 aimikins

aimikins

Sunflower

• Global Moderators
  • 117 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I think it's great, if you can afford to do it.

how will this differ from Biotechniques? or will it be in addition, since there are so many protocols and methods around?
"it is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education" -A.E.

#5 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,546 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

a distinguishing feature would be for sure to separate outdated and wrong protocols (by chance or deliberately), e.g. by trying them out or rigorous reviewing as far as possible and needed, against good and well-established protocols. Also which protocols fit better for which problems, and gives which results (quick and dirty vs. slow and perfect as an example)

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.