• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

I've been off the radar for some time, but hope to be back a little more

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aimikins

aimikins

Sunflower

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

WHEW, time flies!

in the past couple of years I haven't been on this forum much. my interests were wandering in other directions for awhile, but I'd like to spend time hear again, and at least get a feel for all the changes. for now, I'd like to start with a (re-)introduction?

when I participated heavily in this forum several years ago, I was primarily a molecular biologist. I did fluorescent staining of cells, cloned and expressed proteins, working primarily with small peptides and DNA. I ran a ton of qRT-PCR. I worked a little with primary cells.

now, I do leukemia research, primarily on mice, as part of a very large group. I work a lot with radiolabeled antibodies and am getting into nanoparticles, and I do a lot of flow cytometry. I work with a ton of heme cancer cell lines and have a large number of disease models for leukemia, lymphoma, and other blood cancers.

as far as background, I have 2 BS (one in Microbiology; one in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry). I have also been a Public Health Microbiologist, and did a load of cloning (and everything else DNA) back in the late 90's. so, I'm rusty with those techniques, but do have a solid foundation :)

back in the day I was a Mod, and while I'm still on the list I've PM'd our gracious, intrepid SuperAdmin to see if I'm still officially on the team after my absence, lol.

for those of you who used to know me...Hi! for those of you who have no clue why I'm rambling on...Hi!

A
"it is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education" -A.E.

#2 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,033 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

WHEW, time flies!

in the past couple of years I haven't been on this forum much. my interests were wandering in other directions for awhile, but I'd like to spend time hear again, and at least get a feel for all the changes. for now, I'd like to start with a (re-)introduction?

when I participated heavily in this forum several years ago, I was primarily a molecular biologist. I did fluorescent staining of cells, cloned and expressed proteins, working primarily with small peptides and DNA. I ran a ton of qRT-PCR. I worked a little with primary cells.

now, I do leukemia research, primarily on mice, as part of a very large group. I work a lot with radiolabeled antibodies and am getting into nanoparticles, and I do a lot of flow cytometry. I work with a ton of heme cancer cell lines and have a large number of disease models for leukemia, lymphoma, and other blood cancers.

as far as background, I have 2 BS (one in Microbiology; one in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry). I have also been a Public Health Microbiologist, and did a load of cloning (and everything else DNA) back in the late 90's. so, I'm rusty with those techniques, but do have a solid foundation Posted Image

back in the day I was a Mod, and while I'm still on the list I've PM'd our gracious, intrepid SuperAdmin to see if I'm still officially on the team after my absence, lol.

for those of you who used to know me...Hi! for those of you who have no clue why I'm rambling on...Hi!

A

Awww.....look who's back .....hi aimikins and welcome back :P...as you can see, the forum's got new skin with lots of upgrades (and lots of new faces as well) it'd be good to have you around here once again....
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#3 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,254 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Welcome back - you'll fit right back in I am sure.

#4 aimikins

aimikins

Sunflower

• Global Moderators
  • 117 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

thanks, guys! I certainly remember both of you :)

#5 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,465 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

welcome back aimikins
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#6 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Welcome back aimikins!

Who else are we missing: Homebrew, methylnick, fred_33, minnie mouse, peneseblue, calvin*, tfitzwater and more...

#7 aimikins

aimikins

Sunflower

• Global Moderators
  • 117 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

I see Fred on FB from time to time. it's a bummer he's not here any more. same goes with the others!

#8 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • 2,620 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

it's good to see you back. we missed your avatar. (now, if you can only talk fred33 back...)

Edited by mdfenko, 01 March 2013 - 03:17 PM.

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#9 Ameya P

Ameya P

Rervm Cognoscere Cavsas

• Moderators
  • 309 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

Its really nice to see old guys return to the forum.

I think I saw perneseblue once... but for me even mdfenko is a rare sight.....

I have calvin* 's email id. Shall send him and mail and see if you can drop by...
I liked Homebrew's profile image.

NEW!!!! Cloak of Invisibility on CoffeeTableScience!!!!

Image copyright: Adrian Koh SF.
Replication of this art is strictly prohibited without express permission of the artist

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.