• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

analysing an unknown solution

is there a lab ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nightingale

nightingale

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Dear all,

will you kindly help me in this ???
do you know a lab that offers such service in analysing an unknown sloution and knowing the concentrations of each component ??
i know this is done by means of analytical chemistry ,,, like LC-MS ...
and we should provide a case histroy (i think) ??? not sure ...

many thanks ...
" The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know ... "

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,510 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Country you are in would help...

Local Universities with a chemistry department should be able to help, at least to point you in the right direction, if they can't do it themselves.

#3 El Crazy Xabi

El Crazy Xabi

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 192 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

What do you exactly want to know? Inorganics, e.g. heavy metals, are easy to analyse by ICP or AAS. IC is common for nitrates, ammonia, phosphates, chloride, fluoride, etc. Exact organic compounds can be tricky to analyse if you don't know what are you looking after or if you have a complex solution.

#4 nightingale

nightingale

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 191 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Country you are in would help...

Local Universities with a chemistry department should be able to help, at least to point you in the right direction, if they can't do it themselves.

forgive my extra-late reply ... thanks for passing :)
i am from Jordan, but was asked about this from UAE ...
they were interested if there is any international lab that could perform such analysis..

#5 nightingale

nightingale

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 191 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

What do you exactly want to know? Inorganics, e.g. heavy metals, are easy to analyse by ICP or AAS. IC is common for nitrates, ammonia, phosphates, chloride, fluoride, etc. Exact organic compounds can be tricky to analyse if you don't know what are you looking after or if you have a complex solution.

thank you so much ... actually they want to know what was a "X solution" that is being given to equine and it remarkably enhanced their performance ...
knowing what you kindly mentioned above, they should then provide any hint of the solution ...

#6 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,510 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Ah, in that case you probably want a lab that does drug testing for horses - the national equestrian association could probably guide you in the right direction.

#7 nightingale

nightingale

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 191 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Ah, in that case you probably want a lab that does drug testing for horses - the national equestrian association could probably guide you in the right direction.

thank you so much! :)

#8 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • 2,704 posts
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

thank you so much ... actually they want to know what was a "X solution" that is being given to equine and it remarkably enhanced their performance ...
knowing what you kindly mentioned above, they should then provide any hint of the solution ...

are you referring to a "milkshake"?
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#9 nightingale

nightingale

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 191 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

are you referring to a "milkshake"?

many thanks ... i notified the one involved in this case about it, and they'll see ... thank you again mdfenko :)

#10 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,506 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

poor horses Posted Image ...they were supposed to be herbivores feeding on grasses and some other plants
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#11 henryn

henryn

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

Pleas visit CHEMICAL EDUCATION IN JORDAN because this is vary help full for your project and  your doubt…

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.