• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Just built a gel chamber, blue LED transilluminator, ect.. selling

electrophoresis transilluminator gel documentation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThomasW

ThomasW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I hope to have the gel doc system completed in the next few weeks (really excited, looks majorly cool). I was looking into selling the system, or perhaps building another to sell. Is there a market for these? Do grad-students, teachers, colleges want this equipment for low prices?

A little picture of the transilluminator and gel tank (without the orange filter and fitting under the tank)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG-20130129-01161.jpg

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

There is a market for these, but the majority are sold by major manufacturers such as Biorad and come with cameras, software and computers as a bundle (not cheap though). Schools would probably be interested in this sort of product. There are already a number of low cost similar items out there that use ImageJ as the software and just require a camera and computer to run.

The market is moving towards blue light transillumination with relatively non-toxic dyes, instead of UV transillumination and EtBr

#3 ThomasW

ThomasW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm researching as to which camera would be perfect fiscally and for durability. Also managed to case a raspberry pi with linux on it for the image capturing software for much cheaper.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.