Bisulfite sequencing PCR worked
Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:45 AM
I've been reading a lot of topics here, trying to get as much information as I can.
After 1 month struggling with my BS PCR, I managed to amplify my fragments.
I've tried to convert my DNA again, I changed twice my polymerase, I tried gradient PCR, without any results.
What really helped was: decrease the extension temperature for 65C and increase the time for 2 minutes (even with fragments around 300bp). Increasing the cycle number can also help it.
So, thank you for all the people that has been postings tips and trying to help the others. It was really useful for me!
Now I can show some results for my supervisor!
Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:16 AM
Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:15 AM
Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:43 PM
The final concentration of the reagents:
0,2mM of each dNTP
0,5uM of each primer (I'm still trying with less primer)
1U/20uL of PfuTurbo Cx HotStart DNA Polymerase
60ng of DNA (quantified in Nanodrop - using factor '33' for ssDNA)
1) 95C - 3 minutes
2) 95C - 30 seconds
3) 50C (annealing temp. of the primer) - 30 seconds
4) 65C - 2 minutes
5) Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 - 40 times
6) 65C - 10 minutes
Good luck everyone
Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:45 PM
If you still don't see an amplicon after the PCR, try to run a 2nd PCR with the same set up, but with only 25 cycles.
Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:54 AM
Post Source: No PCR Products after BSP