• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Bacterial growth

bacteria calculation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maddie12131

maddie12131

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

A bacteria calculation more involving maths. My tutor is growing some bacteria in a labratory, and hes starting off with 150 micrograms on 12 pm today; we know that every hour the mass of the bacteria will increase by 15%. So my tutor asks how long will it take for the mass too reach 3 grams.

Bu thats not the question, the question is what level of precision is appropriate and why?

Moved to homework forums... Bob.

#2 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

A bacteria calculation more involving maths. My tutor is growing some bacteria in a labratory, and hes starting off with 150 micrograms on 12 pm today; we know that every hour the mass of the bacteria will increase by 15%. So my tutor asks how long will it take for the mass too reach 3 grams.

Bu thats not the question, the question is what level of precision is appropriate and why?

Moved to homework forums... Bob.

What do you mean with level of precision? You need to talk about this in theory? or you really need a calculation?
If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some then not ask and stay stupid.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.