• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Help Plz! Hes1 antibody for Immunohistochemistry

Hes1 immunohistochemistry

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dai Le

Dai Le

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Hi everyone,
Could you guys suggest a trustworthy Hes1 antibody for immunohistochemistry on Frozen section? In my lab, we have only small amount of home-made Hes1 from Kyoto Uni, Japan. We also have Hes1 anitbodies from Abcam and Scbt but they don't work at all.
Looking forward to receiving replies
Thank you in advance

#2 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

can you use poly if mono doesn't work? Did you also check if the abcam antibody was made for IHC? maybe you can send a comment on their antibody webpage saying it didn't work for you so others would also take note.

#3 Dai Le

Dai Le

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

@Curtis: I used polyclonal antibody. It's the best for IHC. FYI, Abcam products are the best for IHC. They are very expensive. I don't know why none of the commercial Hes1 antibodies works. People always use home-made Hes1 for IHC. But you know, it's hard to ask for antibody if you are not in same group of research.
Anyway, thanks

#4 Tabaluga

Tabaluga

Making glass out of shards

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hi everyone,
Could you guys suggest a trustworthy Hes1 antibody for immunohistochemistry on Frozen section? In my lab, we have only small amount of home-made Hes1 from Kyoto Uni, Japan. We also have Hes1 anitbodies from Abcam and Scbt but they don't work at all.
Looking forward to receiving replies
Thank you in advance

Did you look up the antibodies that were used in the methods parts of papers ? Are there no publications with commercial antibodies other than Abcam? Because if a particular antibody has been used in a paper for a certain application that means it has at least worked for them...

Il dort. Quoique le sort fût pour lui bien étrange,
Il vivait. Il mourut quand il n'eut plus son ange;
La chose simplement d'elle-même arriva,
Comme la nuit se fait lorsque le jour s'en va.

#5 Dai Le

Dai Le

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

@Tabaluga: Well, I have searched the literature. They all use antibodies from Japanese guys. People only use commercial brands for in vitro (cell culture)exp. That's why I'm asking if you guys have any about trustworthy commercial Hes1

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.