• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

V-D-J deletion help

gene immunology science

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kushal

Kushal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hi I am an undergraduate student and would like some help in understanding the VDJ deletion.

The DNA encoding the Ig heavy chain isolated from a B lymphocyte synthesising an IgG2 antibody specific form diptheria toxin has the overall sequence:-

5'-V17D5J2Cgamma2-Cgamma4-Cepsilon-3'

How many DNA deletions have taken place during the development of the B cell to obtain this sequence?

My lecturer explained that there are 3 deltions occuring, I didnt quiet understand why. Would someone mind explaining it to me?

#2 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hi I am an undergraduate student and would like some help in understanding the VDJ deletion.

The DNA encoding the Ig heavy chain isolated from a B lymphocyte synthesising an IgG2 antibody specific form diptheria toxin has the overall sequence:-

5'-V17D5J2Cgamma2-Cgamma4-Cepsilon-3'

How many DNA deletions have taken place during the development of the B cell to obtain this sequence?

My lecturer explained that there are 3 deltions occuring, I didnt quiet understand why. Would someone mind explaining it to me?

Did you check the wiki on this?
http://en.wikipedia....J_recombination

Here you can cleary see the first 2 gene deletions.

The third one... well that is the one that happens at the end...
THe RNA has to be "taken care too" (if you see what I mean?) That primary RNA will also be cut and parts will also be deleted.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.