• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

9CFR virus testing (on bovine serum)

9cfr FBS ihc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johannes

Johannes

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Good day,

I want to test our FBS according to "9 CFR 113.47 - Detection of extraneous viruses by the fluorescent antibody technique".

This means I have to test the serum for following viruses:

- Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus (BVDV)
- Bovine Reovirus
- Rabies Virus
- Blue Tongue Virus
- Bovine Adenovirus
- Bovine Parvovirus
- Bovine respiratory syncytial virus

I contacted about 50 antibody suppliers, in the hope that anyone would have the whole panel in stock. I thought that would be easy, considering the test is part of a federal regulation. But far from it... Some had maybe 1 or 2 of them in stock, but of the few that actually got back to me none had all of them or neither an idea of where i could get them from. I also contacted the ATCC and they only told me something about proprietary information that they couldn't share... So how are people supposed to adhere to this standard, if no one seems to offer a straight forward kit or panel? I would prefer not to get my antibodies from 5 different suppliers and having to validate them all by myself, but it seems like that is what i will have to do.

So my question is, does anyone here test their biologicals according to 9CFR? And if so, where do you get your antibodies from?

Thanks in advance.

Johannes

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

If you buy commercial serum it may well be already tested according to that standard, and if it isn't you should be able to buy (for a price probably) some that is.

#3 Johannes

Johannes

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

The thing is, we produce serum ourselves and as of now send samples to an overseas lab in the US (as we are located in Australia) to be tested. We would like to start testing ourselves. And therefore need to get hold of the necessary antibodies.

#4 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Ah, right. Sorry can't help there then. I would be surprised if there isn't a kit out there somewhere for it though.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.