• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Isolating from small samples in Trizol

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 helber

helber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

To all you smart people :-) My name is Helga, I'm from Norway, and I have just started on my PhD in genetics (breast cancer). I'm a veterinarian so lab-work is really not what I'm best at at the moment (it will hopefully get better). So please explain in a "dummy"-level :-) Anyway... I will start working on some samples that has been in the freezer for a few years. The samples are from Laser Microdissected tissue from tumors and constitues of from 100 to 5000 cells (as I understand this is very few?) They have been put in Trizol and put into the freezer. And now I have the pleasure to find out what to do with these! So my question is: Do any of you have some suggestion of how to get most out of theese samples. We have not yet decided if we are using DNA or RNA (it depends on what's actually possible). Do you have any suggestion to where I can find a protocol for such small samples to get as much yield as possible of (hopefully) good quality DNA or RNA. We would like to use the materia for Gene expression Microarrays (RNA) or methylation-studies (DNA). Feel free to tell me if this is the wrong place to post this

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.