• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Main forces linkage in ELISA methods

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rongviet

rongviet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:43 AM

HI

We all know that in ELISA methods that Abs or Ags binded to plates. For a long time, I wonder what is the main forces between these molecular and the material of the plate (such as polystyren). Would you please to help me to solve this problem ?. If possible plese give me the source of this information. Thank you very much!
;)

My mail :
rongvietvn@yahoo.ca

#2 Shubenok

Shubenok

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:23 AM

As i remember at the first stage of adsorbtion when protein is appear in proximity with polysteren, is occured ions transfer or electrical fields overlapping that resulted in charged groups redistribution in protein molecule. Such reorganisation help to overcome repulsion forces. At second stage with help of Wan der Waals`s interactions is occured de-hydratation and binding.
This process resulted in water release - significant increase in enthropy, that is driving force for this process. At last stage is occured structural rearrangement of protein, that depend on quantity of H-bonds and Ion pairs. (that model based on bovine RNase and HSA).
Also exist several types of polysterene with differing properties, but i dont remember it`s.
As to links on information - sorry but i dont remember exactly, may be jornal of Colloid Interface Science 1970-1980.
Good luck!

Edited by Shubenok, 03 February 2004 - 11:25 AM.

#3 rongviet

rongviet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:47 PM

Thanks a lot ! All of best things will come to you !
:( :unsure: :)

#4 Shubenok

Shubenok

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:26 AM

No problems :(

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.