• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Real time PCR melting curve

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mohamed 1984

Mohamed 1984

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Actually, i face a problem with real time PCR of miRNA. I tried the primer of one type of miRNA two time and i observed a one typical bell shape curve and other multi peak curve . Could any one tell me about the causes of multi peak melting curve in real time PCR

#2 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Actually, i face a problem with real time PCR of miRNA. I tried the primer of one type of miRNA two time and i observed a one typical bell shape curve and other multi peak curve . Could any one tell me about the causes of multi peak melting curve in real time PCR

multiple peaks mean multiple products which can be non-specific amplicons or usually from primer dimers but I'm not sure about miRNA primers- are they from a publication?...(posting an image will be more helpful) and what about your NTCs (no peaks?) You can also search for threads in this forum addressing this same or related issues....
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#3 Mohamed 1984

Mohamed 1984

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Actually, I ordered the miRNA primers directly from company. I do not formulate it.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.