• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Transfection reagent stored at -20C

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cagdas

cagdas

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hello,

I have a question about transfection reagents such as Lipofectamine 2000 or Dharmafect. Normally these reagents must store at 4°C according to manual. After I have bought it, I have store it at -20°C for 5 months without knowing. Next week I must do experiment. Do you think if I use it, does my experiment run or not?

Thanks for your attention

#2 pcrman

pcrman

Epigenetist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Freenzing lipid based transfection reagents may have some negative effect on their efficiency. Based on my experience, they should still be usable.

#3 cagdas

cagdas

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Freenzing lipid based transfection reagents may have some negative effect on their efficiency. Based on my experience, they should still be usable.

Thanks for your comment.

I read the manuals of fugene hd transfection reagent and HiPerFect HTS Reagent yesterday and write the following sentence, respectively:

"If reagent was frozen accidentally, briefly warm at 37°C to dissolve precipitate and cool to room temperature."

(http://www.promega.c...agent.pdf?la=en)

"Is the performance of the HiPerFect HTS Reagent affected if it has accidentally been stored at -20°C?
No. We found that a one-time storage of the HiPerFect HTS Reagent at -20°C for 24 hours did not affect transfection efficiency"

(http://www.qiagen.co...&MenuItemId=236)

My transfection reagent is Dharmafect 2, I hope, won' t get bad results...

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.