• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education (BAMBED)

teaching education

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ascacioc

ascacioc

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

What a great idea had Trof for creating this sub-forum. Recently, I have been to a talk by the two Voet's like in Voet & Voet Biochemistry book, and Judith (an expert in college teaching) was talking about this journal they have started a while back: BAMBED http://onlinelibrary...(ISSN)1539-3429 which contains articles about university teaching methods. And of course I wanted to share it with you guys :)

Andreea

#2 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • 1,201 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Thanks, at moment I have enough time I will start to stick the useful info to the top.
(unfortunatelly for me, I don't have access to this journal)

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

#3 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

Thanks, at moment I have enough time I will start to stick the useful info to the top.
(unfortunatelly for me, I don't have access to this journal)

I have acces to it. Is there a specific paper you are looking for?

BTW: I find it pretty idiotic that a journal like this is not open acces!

Its not about publishing researchresults, so I do not understand it why this paper is not open acces nor do I understand that it has an impactfactor to be honest.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#4 ascacioc

ascacioc

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 271 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

I can also give out papers from this journal. I find the initiative very good and I agree with Pito on what he said above. But it is the idea of the money making publishers such as Elsevier and Wiley and Springer: get stuff for free from academia and sell it for a lot of money. Speaking of which, you might be interested in the following petition:

http://thecostofknowledge.com/

Andreea

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.