• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Software Suggestions - Short Peptides

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HOYAJM

HOYAJM

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Good

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hi, I am currently working with 14AA long peptides with a viral protease. I would like to examine the secondary structures of the peptides (14 amino acids in length). I need a software that I can put the sequence in and part of the output include: % alpha helix, % beta-sheet, % un-ordered. There has been precedence of this in the literature using 11AA peptides, but the software they cited, is no longer available (it was made in 1988). Please recommend software that is capable of this analysis. I recently used PEP-FOLD and I could not for the life of me find this analysis. If the software forms a 3D structure and includes all of the viewing tools, that is great, but I am really interested in looking at the secondary structure composition (% of each type) to report for the peptides I am using.

Thank You

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,798 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Have you tried I-Tasser?

#3 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • 2,805 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

have you tried the expasy tools for protein structure?
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#4 HOYAJM

HOYAJM

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 159 posts
Good

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

have you tried the expasy tools for protein structure?

Thanks for this list, and I did look at I-TASSER after your post. I have determined values for what I was looking for but unfortunately for such short peptides they are not very insightful. I now would like to model these peptides into the protein of interest to help explain my findings. Unfortunately, I am in over my head with these programs (pyMol, autodock, to name a few) and I am looking for simple tutorials to get me started as I have no background in protein 3D modeling. Any links to literature, websites, tutorials, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.