• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

GUS stain disappears?

GUS Fusion Promoter GUS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lihkin

lihkin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hi Everybody,
has anybody ever come across any instance where GUS gene attached to promoter/DNA sequence is expressed normally in plant tissue (blue staining with X-Gluc is seen) but the stain disappears after chemical/stress treatment in the treated/dying tissue. My question is GUS/X-Gluc ppt. being an insoluble compound should not go away in the dying/treated tissue and stay blue even though the tissue has died (at least to the best of my knowledge). And with lot many other genes in the lab we study the GUS stain either increases or does not change as the tissue dies but for only this gene I have the fusion is getting degraded which is puzzling me unless this sequence makes GUS protein unstable.

If anybody has faced a similar situation can you please explain me why GUS is going down in dying tissue (since I have never seen it going down with other constructs in lab/else where) and if possible refer me any publication where they have seen such instances.
Thank you for replying and sharing the knowledge.

Thanks,
lihkin

Edited by lihkin, 01 October 2012 - 07:27 PM.

Thanks,
Lihkin

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.