• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

bioforum offline

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,520 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Hi bioforum,

if bioforum is unfortunately not online (as today for some time), isn't it possible to have a notification text instead, that explains that bioforum is offline for maintenance issues or whatever reasons and will be back soon? Many web-services do it this way, and it would be helpful if bioforum does the same...
I guess for new and sporadic users/members (and members who are afraid because of the larger crash) it's helpful, otherwise they might think bioforum is gone and they use another forum...
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#2 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hi hobglobin,

Thank you for your suggestion. This morning the problem was due to a server issue which has been resolved. When the forum is offline, it will say so.

#3 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,520 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

But then the provider has to do so....
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.