• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Youtube links, media links

youtube

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Inbox

Inbox

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

When youtube is banned on particular computer ( University computer's) It will show empty message with no post. It should show atleast error message saying that youtube/media files banned.

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,242 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

I would say that would be difficult to implement from Bioforum's end, the restriction is at your end, not anywhere else - so if anything it should be up to your university's server to provide the error message.

#3 Inbox

Inbox

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 302 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

When I try to run directly www.youtube.com it shows access denied but in bioforum only blank post. Anyways I found way to know whther it is empty or not. I would try quote it, then it shows url for youtube or multimedia. Thanks.

#4 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,242 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

When I try to run directly www.youtube.com it shows access denied but in bioforum only blank post.

That's because the post is 'hotlinking" to youtube not actually visiting youtube, but when you go to youtube itself, you are visting a website which the server has denied access to.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.