• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

mild censorship necessary?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

I just wrote in a discussion the word =spam edited= and it was changed automatically to what you read now (actually I wrote just now researchg@te without @). Is this censorship needed, even if a mild censorship? When I understand the discussion right in the moderator's lounge, bioforum will anyway go in the direction of the r-gate with real names, photos as avatars etc.
for other words (real spam) it might be okay,didn't tried it, but it should not go overboard.
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#2 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

That censorship is necessary. People from that site constantly and shamelessly spam bioforum. They would register with different user names to send hundreds of PMs to our members to promote their site. There is no other way of stopping it except using a filter. We don't mind competition, we do mind spamming.

#3 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Okay, didn't know that they still doing this Posted Image, I thought it was a problem only shortly after the crash.
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.