• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

English language

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mad researcher

Mad researcher

Researcher in making

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

I am about to start applications for PhD programs in Europe. I have been going through many universities and one of the additional requirements is English language. I have been doing my masters from Uppsala university and all the course work that i went through are in English.

Although i have an IELTS exam score (7.5) which i gave in India before coming to Sweden to prove my English language efficiency. But it would expire in 2013.

So, do i still need to appear for a IELTS or TOEFL to prove my english language or can i be exempted from this?
Cheers,

Mad Researcher

#2 Inbox

Inbox

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 331 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

If you are going to enroll PhD before 2013 (Expiry of your IELTS score) then there is no need otherwise you have appear for IELTS again.

#3 Mad researcher

Mad researcher

Researcher in making

• Active Members
  • 105 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

But if i apply after that do i need to appear for a IELTS exam provided i have studied from a English speaking and teaching institute.
Cheers,

Mad Researcher

#4 ascacioc

ascacioc

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 271 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

Yes you do :) Depends on the situation. But I have studied in international high school (English), international university (English), I am more fluent in English than my mother tongue...but there were people that simply do not care.

Hint: I have my Cambridge exams for English as a foreign language both Advanced and Proficiency and those are without any expiry date... on top they are widely accepted in Europe (any UK/European exam is better than any American exam in the eyes of Europeans:) )

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.