BioForum, created and maintained by US based scientists, is one of the most popular life science discussion forums in the world. Since its launch in 1999, BioForum has been continuously and freely serving the life science community by providing technical assistance to its members and worldwide researchers. The existence and activities of BioForum would have been impossible without active participation and voluntary contribution from its moderators and members.
Becoming a moderator of BioForum will provide you a great opportunity to serve the research community by utilizing your knowledge, expertise and experience. You will be richly rewarded by a positive and fulfilling experience, an extra bullet in your resume under community service and most of all, a feeling of self satisfaction from helping others.
Responsibilities and duties of a moderator
Your job is to assist the forum Administrators with the following main duties:
- Take part in forum discussions by offering answers to questions in your areas of expertise.
- Move topics to an appropriate forum where they belong to if necessary.
- Pin/unpin topics.
- Merge similar threads.
- Edit the title, tags and content of posts made by other members if necessary.
- Close/unclose threads.
- Delete topics or posts with inappropriate content.
- Warn members if they violate forum rules.
- Alert forum Admin/s to inappropriate posts and/or members who chronically break the forum rules
- Flag members as a spammer if they post spamming messages.
Anyone with necessary background, expertise and experience can apply for a moderator position.
- There are two types of moderators: forum specific moderators and global moderators. Forum specific moderators have moderator permissions restricted to one or more than one forums, while global moderators do not have such restriction.
- To apply for a forum specific moderator, you must have demonstrated commitment and expertise by making at least 20 posts answering questions in BioForum.
- Global moderators are promoted from forum specific moderators by BioForum administrators.
Send a message using this feedback form or send a private message to BioForum Administrator “Admin”. In the message, briefly describe your qualifications and indicate the forum(s) you wish to moderate.