• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Who do not wanted to be a researcher but still end up being a researcher

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Inbox

Inbox

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Is there anybody who do not wanted to be a researcher but still end up being a researcher? Is anybody thinking of changing career from middle of road?

About me I do like being a researcher.

Edited by prabhubct, 09 September 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#2 ascacioc

ascacioc

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 271 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Nice conversation topic. I also like to be a researcher. If smb would tell me to stop and do smth else, I would be perplexed because I do not know to do anything else that would make me equally happy. This is what I always wanted to be. When people tell me to stop and relax, I am like: why? this is relaxing...the only problem is that my humanity limits me i.e. if I wouldn't have to sleep/eat./drink from time to time, I would be so much productive :D

Also curious about the other side :)

#3 toejam

toejam

Guitar Hero

• Active Members
  • 159 posts
Good

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

i'm actually at the stage where i have to decide whether i want to do this for life or take a different direction. i have liked being a researcher. i like the idea of seeking answers to questions that come to your mind and i find it fascinating how happy you can be when there are positive results :) however, i must say i have never tried the dark side, could be interesting, don't know yet, we'll see what happens in the months to come.
"When there's no more room in hell the dead will walk the Earth"

#4 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

i'm actually at the stage where i have to decide whether i want to do this for life or take a different direction. i have liked being a researcher. i like the idea of seeking answers to questions that come to your mind and i find it fascinating how happy you can be when there are positive results Posted Image however, i must say i have never tried the dark side, could be interesting, don't know yet, we'll see what happens in the months to come.

TJ, what you mean by the dark side? you mean like doing sales or sthg?
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.