• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

salmonella cacl2 competency

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Inbox

Inbox

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Excellent

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Is it possible to make Salmonella typhimurium chemically competent by CaCl2 method? what will be efficiency. Thanks.

#2 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Good question. I just asked my colleague now, he said he often uses Salmonella in electroporation and he prepares them himself. They work well, and he says you can make them chemically competent too. They must work.

#3 Inbox

Inbox

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 327 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Good question. I just asked my colleague now, he said he often uses Salmonella in electroporation and he prepares them himself. They work well, and he says you can make them chemically competent too. They must work.

Thanks for reply. Can you tell efficiency of transformation by chemical transformation (cacl2 or other methods). Is it very low or what so peoples are mostly preferring electroporation.

Edited by prabhubct, 15 September 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#4 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

I usually prepare with Invitrogen's method, using cacal2. I think most people prepare with the same method. can't complain about the efficiency, but it's better to transform larger plasmids with electroporation.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.