• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

agarose gel electrophoresis

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 siddharthsameer

siddharthsameer

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

I forgot to add ethidium bromide in the molten agrose however i added the ethidium bromide to the running buffer...Will i be able to visualise the band, if not how caqn I rescue it. kindly let me know..
with regards

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

yes, it should be fine.

#3 siddharthsameer

siddharthsameer

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

yes, it should be fine.

thanks i added 5µl of ethidium bromide to the running buffer but i am tensed wheether i will be able to see it since i have to cut the band for the ligation...are you sure it will be fine.. thanks for your reply..

#4 metionina

metionina

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

I used to visualize my bands after migration with an immersion of the gel in a solution with a high concentration of ethidium bromide for about 30 minutes. That works fine! In the running gel, probably would be fine but I think it depends also on the concentration of your sample. So, what is the result?

#5 siddharthsameer

siddharthsameer

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

I used to visualize my bands after migration with an immersion of the gel in a solution with a high concentration of ethidium bromide for about 30 minutes. That works fine! In the running gel, probably would be fine but I think it depends also on the concentration of your sample. So, what is the result?

It worked perfectly fine :)

#6 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

It should do... lots and lots of people do this around the world. Actually, all you need to do is add the EtBr to the +ve electrode end, it migrates in the opposite direction to DNA so will be drawn into the gel when running.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.