• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Little knockdown but big effect on proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alsulaiman

Alsulaiman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hi folks,

Hope you are well all !!

I did knockdown lately on cell line expressed in GOI and it was tested by qPCR. The results showed that i got moderate suppression in mRNA level in my GOI, following the knockdown i did cell proliferation ( cell viability ) and the results showed that there is an effect on proliferation rate.

]My question is how was an effect on proliferation when there was little knockdown ?

Many thank

Abdullah

Edited by Alsulaiman, 24 July 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#2 Jon Moulton

Jon Moulton

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

Assuming the change is proliferation is not due to the moderate knockdown of your intended target, then perhaps it is the interaction of your knockdown reagent with an unintended RNA (an off-target knockdown) that is causing the change in proliferation.
Jon D. Moulton
Gene Tools, LLC
www.gene-tools.com

#3 zodiac1505

zodiac1505

Enthusiast

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

I agree with the earlier post. It could also be that your GOI is upstream of something else and the moderate reduction is amplified downstream leading to the phenotype that you observed. If you are sure that it can't be due to the knockdown, then the most probable reason is off target effect.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.